Feet to meters converter calculates the number of feet [ft] in meters [m]. The conversion for 1 meter is approximately 3.28 feet. See also meters into feet calculator.
Feet (ft for short) – as the name suggests, the measure refers to the length of a human foot. For a long time, the foot was the basic unit of measurement for length. Its value has changed both over time and countries. For this reason, there are many names of feet that differ in length. Typically, the foot in the 18th and 19th centuries was 28.3 cm to 32.5 cm long. There are also feet of ancient origin, the length of which is from 29.6 cm for the altar foot to 35 cm for the Egyptian and Pergame foot. Nowadays, when we talk about the foot, we usually mean the English foot, which is 30.48 cm.
Meter (abbreviated m) – is the basic unit of length in systems such as: SI, MKS, or MTS. The construction of the metro should be connected with the date of March 26, 1791. The length of a meter as the path that light travels in a vacuum during 1/299792458 seconds was established only at the end of the 20th century. From 1795 to 1983, the measure of the meter varied depending on how it was measured.
Feet to meters on the table
|1 in||0.3048 ft|
|2 m||0.6096 ft|
|3 m||0.9144 ft|
|4 m||1.2192 ft|
|5 m||1.524 ft|
|6 m||1.8288 ft|
|7 m||2.1336 ft|
|8 m||2.4384 ft|
|9 m||2.7432 ft|
|10 m||3.048 ft|
|100 m||30.48 ft|
|200 m||60.96 ft|
|Numbers||ft in m||M in ft|
Some another feet to meters converter examples
The feet to meters converter is used to convert metric units. Feet and meters are often used to denote length, height, and depth etc. Often times, there is a need for more metric numbers especially with regard to kilometers. For this purpose, kilometers into feet calculator can be useful.
Converting deep caves:
- Gouffre Mirolda 1.733 km (France) it means height of approximate 68228.35 feet and 1733 meters.
- Pantjuhinskaja Cave 1.508 km (Abkhazia / Georgia) you can convert this height into about 59370.08 feet or as well 1508 meters.
- Velebit caves 1.431 km (Croatia) can also be described as about 56338.58 feet and 1431 meters.
Converting long rivers:
- Songhua 1927 km (Amur) this length can also be represented as about75866141.73 feet as well as 1927000 meters.
- Alazeya 1590 km (East Siberian Sea) can also be described as about62598425.2 feet or 1590000 meters.
- Ili (Yili) 1400 km (Lake Balkhash) this length can also be written as about55118110.24 feet or 1400000 meters.
- Rio Grande de Santiago-Lerma 1270 km (Pacific Ocean) you might as well say it’s about50000000 feet by changing the metric unit is this 1270000 meters.
- Ogooué (or Ogowe) 1200 km (Atlantic Ocean) in other metric units it is 47244094.49 feet or 1200000 meters.
- Chindwin 1158 km (Ayeyarwady) this length can also be written as about45590551.18 feet as well as 1158000 meters.