The Nautical miles [INT] to inches converter allows you to calculate INT into in. Put the number of Nautical miles to check what the value of inches will be.
Nautical mile (abbreviated as INT) – used mainly in marine navigation as well as in aviation. The detailed measure of this unit corresponds to the length of the arc of the Earth’s meridian in 1 arc minute of the great circle. Since the length of the arc has a different value depending on the latitude, a constant value has been assumed. The value of a nautical mile is 1852 meters. However, until the mid-twentieth century, different values were adopted for this measure depending on the country.
Inch (abbreviated in) – is defined as an imperial unit. So as a measurement system used in Great Britain and British colonies. The measure of an inch was initially three times the length of an average barley grain. In other units, it is also 1/12 of a foot. As with other common measures of length, the inch has had different names and lengths throughout its history. The name of the country in which it was used was additionally added to the name “inch”. Depending on the country, this value ranged from 23.22 mm for the Spanish inch mm to about 27.07 for the French inch.
Nautical miles to inches converter on the table
|Nautical miles [INT]||Inches [in]|
An example of using nautical miles to inches converter in height and length
Mountains and rivers are of interest to researchers and scientists. The main measure for these objects is height and length. These usually use a constant metric SI unit to describe these objects. However, sometimes it is necessary to represent height and length in less common metric units. For this, it makes sense to use nautical miles to inches converter.
- Annapurna II 7937 m (Nepal) it is 4.286 INT and also on 312480.315 in.
- Molamenqing 7703 m (China) it is 4.159 INT and also on 303267.717 in.
- Ismoil Somoni Peak 7495 m (Tajikistan) it is 4.047 INT and also on 295078.74 in.
- Labuche Kang 7367 m (China) it is 3.978 INT and also on 290039.37 in.
The length of the rivers:
- Olenyok 2292 km (Laptev Sea) in other metric units it is 1237.581 INT as well as 90236220.472 in.
- Tigris 1950 km (Shatt al-Arab) in other metric units it is 1052.916 INT as well as 76771653.543 in.
- Zeya 1242 km (Amur) in other metric units it is 670.626 INT as well as 48897637.795 in.
- Milk 1173 km (Missouri) in other metric units it is 633.369 INT as well as 46181102.362 in.