Feet to centimeters converter returns numbers of cm by giving the number of ft. For example, 6 ft in cm is the value 182.88 cm. See also centimeters to feet converter.
Feet (ft for short) – as the name suggests, the measure refers to the length of a human foot. For a long time, the foot was the basic unit of measurement for length. Its value has changed both over time and countries. For this reason, there are many names of feet that differ in length. Typically, the foot in the 18th and 19th centuries was 28.3 cm to 32.5 cm long.
There are also feet of ancient origin, the length of which is from 29.6 cm for the altar foot to 35 cm for the Egyptian and Pergame foot. Nowadays, when we talk about the foot, we usually mean the English foot, which is 30.48 cm.
Centimeter (abbreviated cm) – is defined as a hundredth of a meter or 10 millimeters. A unit often used in everyday measurements. Used in many popular hand-held measuring tools. On the other hand, it is poorly used in scientific and engineering calculations.
Check in the table how many ft in cm
|Feet [ft]||Centimeters [cm]|
|1 ft||30.48 cm|
|2 ft||60.96 cm|
|3 ft||91.44 cm|
|4 ft||121.92 cm|
|5 ft||152.40 cm|
|6 ft||182.88 cm|
|7 ft||213.36 cm|
|8 ft||243.84 cm|
|9 ft||274.32 cm|
Convert units from feet to centimeters
Feet to centimeters converter (ft in cm) is a tool for comparing different metric units. It is worth presenting the operation of the converter on river lengths, mountain heights or cave depths. Using meters to feet converter you can find out what the value is in meters to centimeters and then calculate the feet into centimeters.
The length of the rivers:
- Warburton–Georgina 1400 km (Lake Eyre) in other metric units it is 4593175.85 feet as well as 140000000 centimeters.
- Helmand 1130 km (Hamun-i-Helmand) in other metric units it is 3707349.08 feet as well as 113000000 centimeters.
- Jialing River 1119 km (Yangtze) in other metric units it is 3671259.84 feet as well as 111900000 centimeters.
- Yellowstone 1080 km (Missouri) in other metric units it is 3543307.09 feet as well as 108000000 centimeters.
- Abraj Al-Bait Clock Tower – 601 m (Mecca, Saudi Arabia) this length can also be written as 1971.78 feet and 60100 centimeters.
- 111 West 57th Street – 435.3 m (New York City, United States) this length can also be written as 1428.15 feet and 43530 centimeters.
- Princess Tower – 414 m (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) this length can also be written as 1358.27 feet and 41400 centimeters.
- The Marina Torch – 352 m (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) this length can also be written as 1154.86 feet and 35200 centimeters.