Feet (ft) to kilometers (km) conversion allows you to calculate the number of kilometers [km] by entering any number of feet [ft]. See also kilometers into feet calculator.
Feet – as the name suggests, the measure refers to the length of a human foot. For a long time, the feet was the basic unit of measurement for length. Its value has changed both over time and countries. For this reason, there are many names of feet that differ in length. Typically, the feet in the 18th and 19th centuries was 28.3 cm to 32.5 cm long. There are also feet of ancient origin, the length of which is from 29.6 cm to 35 cm. Nowadays, when we talk about the foot, we usually mean the English feet, which is 30.48 cm.
Kilometer – is an easy-to-use multiple of a meter – the basic SI unit. Converting a kilometer into meters we get the value of 1000 m. A kilometer is a very frequently used measure of length, especially in relation to road signs. Even in the USA, where a mile has been used for a long time, the signage gradually changes to kilometers.
Feet to kilometers conversion on the tables
|1 ft||0.0003048 km|
|2 ft||0.0006096 km|
|3 ft||0.0009144 km|
|4 ft||0.0012192 km|
|5 ft||0.001524 km|
|6 ft||0.0018288 km|
|7 ft||0.0021336 km|
|8 ft||0.0024384 km|
|9 ft||0.0027432 km|
|10 ft||0.003048 km|
|100 ft||0.03048 km|
|200 ft||0.06096 km|
|Numbers||ft in km||km in ft|
Convert known heights to feet and kilometers
Feet to kilometers conversion can have many uses. To better understand the size scale of the units used, both measures are compared with known quantities on Earth. Also check meters into feet calculator.
The deepest caves:
- Veryovkina Cave 2212 m (Abkhazia / Georgia) converting metric units it will be 7257.218 ft or 2.212 km.
- Sistema Huautla 1560 m (Mexico) converting metric units it will be 5118.11 ft or 1.56 km.
- Velebit caves 1431 m (Croatia) it is an equivalent into about 4694.882 ft or 1.431 km.
- Boybuloq 1415 m (Uzbekistan) converting metric units it will be 4642.388 ft or 1.415 km.
- Kangchenjunga 8586 m (Nepal) it is an equivalent into about 28169.291 ft or 8.586 km.
- Shishapangma 8027 m (China) it means height of approximate 26335.302 ft or 8.027 km.
- Gangkhar Puensum 7570 m (Bhutan) it can be otherwise described as 24835.958 ft or 7.57 km.
- Muztagh Ata 7509 m (China) it can be otherwise described as 24635.827 ft or 7.509 km.