Yards to feet (yard to ft converter) calculate any feet value by giving the number of yards. For example, 1 yards [yd] equals 3 feet [ft]. See also feet to yards converter.
A yard (abbreviated yd) is a unit of length that was used in the English system of measurement (until 1971) and is now used in the American system of measurement. It is an imperial unit that was established in Great Britain
There are different names for the yard depending on the layout. There is an English yard and an American yard, but the difference in length is negligible. The most popular is the international yard, which is 0.9144 meters long. 1 yard is taken to be the same as 3 feet or 36 inches.
The origin of the yard metric unit
As a curiosity, it can be added that the word “yard” comes from the words “branch” or “stick”. On the other hand, the origin of the yard measure is not fully known. It can refer to the circumference of a person’s waist or the distance from the tip of the nose to the thumb – with the arm outstretched.
Feet (ft for short) – as the name suggests, the measure refers to the length of a human foot. For a long time, the foot was the basic unit of measurement for length. Its value has changed both over time and countries. For this reason, there are many names of feet that differ in length. Typically, the foot in the 18th and 19th centuries was 28.3 cm to 32.5 cm long. There are also feet of ancient origin, the length of which is from 29.6 cm for the altar foot to 35 cm for the Egyptian and Pergame foot. Nowadays, when we talk about the foot, we usually mean the English foot, which is 30.48 cm.
Yard to ft
Yard to food is a popular unit conversion. Among the known units of measurement, yard to food is similar to yard to inch and yard to meter.
Yard to inch = 36
1 yard to food = 3
Yard to meter = 0.9144
Yards to feet converter on the table
|Yards [yd]||Feet [ft]|
Examples of deep and length conversions using a yard to ft converter
The yards to feet – yard to ft converter is a convenient tool for checking length, depth or height, in feet. You can check the value of meters per yards or yards per feet. It is best to present the operation of the converter on a few examples, such as river lengths or mountain heights.
- Snezhnaja cave 1760 m (Abkhazia / Georgia) it is 1924.759 yards and 9292800 feet.
- Sima de la Cornisa 1507 m (Spain) it is 1648.075 yards and 7956960 feet.
- Egma Sinkhole 1429 m (Turkey) it is 1562.773 yards and 7545120 feet.
- Boybuloq 1415 m (Uzbekistan) it is 1547.463 yards and 7471200 feet.
The length of the rivers:
- Ohio–Allegheny 2102 km (Mississippi) in other metric units it is 2298775.153 yards as well as 11098560000 feet.
- Churchill 1600 km (Hudson Bay) in other metric units it is 1749781.277 yards as well as 8448000000 feet.
- James (Dakotas) 1143 km (Missouri) in other metric units it is 1250000 yards as well as 6035040000 feet.
- Draa 1100 km (Atlantic Ocean) in other metric units it is 1202974.628 yards as well as 5808000000 feet.