Nautical miles to light years converter returns exact value for nautical miles [INT] into light years [ly]. The calculator returns 0.0000000000001958 ly in 1 INT or in the shortened form 1.957565544E-13 in 1 ft.
Nautical miles (abbreviated as INT) – used mainly in marine navigation as well as in aviation. The detailed measure of this unit corresponds to the length of the arc of the Earth’s meridian in 1 arc minute of the great circle. Since the length of the arc has a different value depending on the latitude, a constant value has been assumed. The value of a nautical mile is 1852 meters. However, until the mid-twentieth century, different values were adopted for this measure depending on the country.
Light year (abbreviated ly) – this unit is used primarily in astronomy. Its length is simply equivalent to the distance light travelled in a vacuum in 1 year. To better visualize the value of this measure, an approximate value of 9.5 trillion kilometers can be given.
Nautical miles to light years converter on the table
|Nautical miles [INT]||Light years [ly]|
Examples of converting nautical miles to light years
Try using nautical miles to light years converter to discover some interesting results. Sometimes one converter is not enough to achieve the results we are interested in. When you are calculating the known values in meters, you may need to use meters into nautical miles calculator or kilometers into nautical miles calculator.
Converting deep caves:
- Snezhnaja cave [ru] 1760 m (Abkhazia / Georgia) it is approximately 0.95 nautrical miles and also 0.00000000029939 light years.
- Lamprechtsofen 1735 m (Austria) it is approximately 0.94 nautrical miles and also 0.000000000295137 light years.
- Sistema Huautla 1560 m (Mexico) it is approximately 0.84 nautrical miles and also 0.000000000265368 light years.
- Egma Sinkhole 1429 m (Turkey) it is approximately 0.77 nautrical miles and also 0.000000000243084 light years.
- Gouffre de La Pierre Saint-Martin [fr] 1410 m (France) it is approximately 0.76 nautrical miles and also 0.000000000239852 light years.
Converting long rivers:
- Congo–Chambeshi 4700 km (Atlantic Ocean) this length can also be written as about 2537.8 nautrical miles and also 0.000000799506637 light years.
- Mekong 4350 km (South China Sea) this length can also be written as about 2348.81 nautrical miles and also 0.000000739968908 light years.
- Olenyok 2292 km (Laptev Sea) this length can also be written as about 1237.58 nautrical miles and also 0.000000389887066 light years.
- Northern Salado 2010 km (Paraná) this length can also be written as about 1085.31 nautrical miles and also 0.000000341916668 light years.
- Snake 1670 km (Columbia) this length can also be written as about 901.73 nautrical miles and also 0.000000284080018 light years.